Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crate Update...

Well, Lucy and I went to the hospital on Tuesday to try out the new crate. It was awesome, but too small for her....she can fit in there, but it's much smaller then what she is used too. I was able to work with her and get her to lay down in there, but she did not want me to shut the door. The people at the hospital were supportive and said we could come practice again. But, I'm soooo on the fence about this. I know that if I bought the same crate and could train at home and a few more times at the hospital, we could probably train through it and continue volunteering there. But, the crate is $160 and it's VERY hard for me to justify spending that on a crate we wouldn't really use. (I don't crate my dogs at all unless it's urgent. They're totally fine in the house for hours and will not chew/destroy/pee...We do have 2 huge open crates for them. One is in TX at my parents house and one is in our attic.) Not to mention, justify the amount of time and energy it would take to train through this when it's not a needed or useful thing at home....

However, it's extremely hard for me to give up on anything. When I set my mind on something, I do it. Period. And, I've been working since Feb 2008 for Lucy to go to this hospital. So, I feel like I HAVE to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal, otherwise, I'm just giving up.

I've been spending a lot of my time lately mulling this over and I haven't really gotten anywhere with my decision....hopefully, I'll come up with something soon, because as my Dad always says, "Sh*t or get off the pot." Make a decision and move on with your life, Kami.

No comments:

Post a Comment